Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Home Sweet Home!



The kids and I are enjoying our first full day at home since before Christmas. We are still in our jammies!! It was a wonderful couple of weeks but a little crazy. The hardest part of the break being over is having Matt go back to school. I think we were all ready for a schedule again but I wish it included Matt being home with us too!

The kids have been a little off of their schedules since the Christmas hustle and bustle began. Missed naps, late nights and early mornings have turned them around. Cameron has been getting up every night with either bad dreams or being scared of noises he hears. He wants mommy and daddy to sleep in his big boy bed with him. Did I mention the bed is the size of half of me! We also moved Cameron's crib out of his room and into Emmy's because a few days ago, she got out of her crib all by herself!!! We are still trying to figure out how she did it. We didn't hear a cry so I hoping she landed on her feet! With all of the changes it has been another thing that has mixed both of the kids up a bit. I'm hoping that we'll get back on track and hopefully all have a full night of sleep again soon.

Emmy's personality is really starting to come out now. She is a happy little girl that is full of energy and adores her older brother. She pretty much follows him around the house doing whatever he does. Did I also mention she is a little terror!! She is in the stage that you have to follow her around an pick up behind her. Otherwise she is right behind you pulling out everything you just put away. We had Bible study here last night. I about lost it before everyone got here as I was mad dashing to put Christmas decorations away and trying to keep things somewhat picked up before they got here. I guess it really doesn't matter in the end if the house is messy...I think I more or less like to look like I have it all together but maybe I don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment