Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The weather outside is frightful!

So a lot has happened since I last blogged. A trip to New York, a new stair climber, and a whole lotta snow!

Last week I went with my college roommate, Betsy to New York for a long weekend. We stayed with her sister Beverly and family and had a chance to see the sites of New York City.

Day 1 - Empire State Building, Macy's, Bryant Park, Shopping, American Girl Store (so fun and I can't wait for Emmy to get old enough to have one!), the Christmas tree at Rockefeller, and the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City...what an awesome day!!
Day 2 - Statue of Liberty and time with Beverly and her girls.
Day 3 - Time Square, Toy's R Us, M&M World, Rain, Rain, Snow, Central Park, Mamma Mia (This was amazing!!), Snow and home again.
Day 4 - Home to Matt and the Kids
It was a fantastic trip and we can't wait to plan another get away in the next few years...maybe with our husbands!

Alot happened while I was gone. Emmy can now climb the stairs!! She is pretty quick I might add. It is like she grew up a little more and there is no turning back. Matt had some good times with Kevin, Glen, and Kurt. Carol and Gary stepped in again to help us as they always do. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful family.

Today was our first snow day...I say us when in fact it is really Matt's snow day. We always seems to make it our snow day too. I feel a little bad as I seem to dictate how Matt has to spend it. We were able to get our Christmas tree...did I mention they were closed! I tropsed up the driveway that was not plowed and knocked on their door. We had our tree in 15 minutes and we were home again. It really wan't a day to be out but overall it was fun. Cameron helped me make cookies. His favorite part was peeling the wrappers off the kisses. We also started decorating our tree. Cameron so wants to be helpful and although I have my moments of impatience with them both, I see how proud he gets when he is "helping" :) Emmy got into helping a bit too. Both of them took off running around the house with lights and my beaded garland. Everything was a little tangled but now that the tree is up we are loving the size, smell, and beauty of it all. I think we'll be doing part II tomorrow night with the ornaments. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment