Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Time is Here



So...I'm really bad at this but if I can get a few posts in a month, I'll be happy. Just enough to remember what the kids and family are up to. Christmas time is upon us...actually it is already the day after Christmas but we still have a few Christmases to do.

It gets more and more fun with the kids. I'll be honest in saying I get a little crazy with buying gifts but I really love to give gifts to people. Favorite things to give this year were a ball and glove or glub as Cameron calls it. Also, Matt made a train table for Cameron. I think it should have maybe been a littletaller as Emmy loves to climb on it! For Emmy, a little stuffed cat from Little Missmatced. I actually think I like it more than she does. It is my new favorite store and I love everything from there! Grandma Deb went a little wild again too with the gifts for the kids but they are sure having fun with everything.








A quick run down from the last few days. Bad weather to say the least!! We were fortunate enough to make it everywhere we needed to go. Rochester on Christmas Eve - church with Amy and Kevin, Carol and Gary's for the evening with G'ma Sylvia. We didn't make it to G'ma Rosemary's in Winona so hopefully we'll get there over the break. Went to Brandon's house on Christmas day. Very fun to see everyone...just gets a little overwhelming at times. Then to mom and dad's for Christmas day night. Fun for all.












I will say that I think the thing I learned most about Christmas this year is that the Joy of the Season needs to be remembered. There were a few moments in the last few days that I didn't remember the joy...not good! Jesus is the reason for the season and Cameron helped remind me of this many times as he asked about having cake on Jesus' birthday...oh yeah! This is what it is about....not the gifts, not being somewhere at a certain time, and not the food. It is the special time of year when we are all reminded that Jesus came for us in a very humble way. Wow...we are blessed!

One quick thing I'd like to document, last week at Colleen's house, Cameron asked Colleen to hold him. He is a very loving and sensitive little boy to say the least. He likes to be held! While she held him, Cameron started to run Colleen's chest area (boys are just weird I think!!). I'm sorry Colleen but when it comes down to it he was feeling her up! He kept asking Colleen...what is this, what is under there? Colleen is so sweet and simply kept saying...it is just Colleen. Finally Cameron came out and said, I think there is a baby in there. Colleen was in tears laughing as well as another mom that had just dropped off kids. The kids continually make us smile...we are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment