Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Exercising

We have all kinds of new things going on in the house one of which we are trying to exercise a bit more. I am finding that it is very easy to plop on the couch and watch TV and become a couch potato since we are not outside as much. A few weeks ago I decided to join Snap Fitness in Cannon Falls. I have been getting up at 5:30 am to make sure that I get in my workout. I really think that if I didn't get up early and do it, it would be much easier to forget about doing it all together. As I mentioned a few blogs ago, my body is still working on growing accustom to these early mornings and I am very tired and a wee bit cranky lately (Matt may say I'm more than a wee bit though!!)
Cameron must overhear me talking about exercising because he too says that each day he needs to do his exercises. For the past few days when he says this he runs off into the other room. Today, when he announced that he was going to do his exercises I decided to sneak after him and bring the camera along. Low and behold I discovered that his exercises include unrolling the toilet paper and then rolling it back up again. What a work out!! The pictures don't do it justice when I caught him in the act.
In other exercising news, Matt and I signed up for a 1/2 marathon in May. Our good friends Alice and Chris invited us and we decided to go for it. A day after registering I am wondering if we are crazy but overall I am super excited that we are doing it together.
Emmy is also trying something new...going potty on the toilet!!! I am still in disbelief! One night before her bath, I decided to just put her on Cameron's little potty chair and see what she would do. She had the biggest smile on her face the whole time and just dangled her little legs. When I lifted her up, she had gone!! I tried it again last night and she went potty again! Cameron is not even potty trained yet...she might just pass him on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment