Saturday, September 11, 2010

Precious Time with Cameron and Emmy

It was the first Saturday in a long time that I did not have something on my calendar to do! It was awesome! Matt had a wedding in Wisconsin so he was out the door by 7:00am. I was able to sneak in a long run before he headed out so I was up and at em' early before the kids were out of bed. It was a perfect weather day with lots of sunshine so we were bound to be outside!

It was pretty much a toss up of what we could have done but I knew if we just stayed home, I would get lost in the piles of laundry that have been building since the state fair! Lucky for us, it is the "Defeat of Jesse James Days" in Northfield this weekend which means lots of fun just 20 minutes down the road! Craft sale, carnival, kiddie parade, food vendors, city wide garage sale, rodeo, car show, etc. We didn't do all of this but we did get to the craft show, food vendors, and played at a few parks around town.

It was just fun to be with my kiddos enjoying the day with no where else to be! They are growing up so fast and Emmy will be 2 in less than a month. This time is really precious and I love that we are going into a slower time for work so we can have more days to just play!

Photos from the day...

I love that we can put pigtails in Emmy's hair now! This was her favorite part of the park today!
We forgot our double stroller at a friends house so we improvised today and Cameron enjoyed his little seat on the front of the stroller!
Everyone was wearing cowboy boots and hats so we had to join the crowd. $4.00 well spent!!
Last stop at the park before we headed home...

No comments:

Post a Comment