Monday, September 27, 2010

Kids Consignment Sales - A Whole Lotta Fun!!

I have been saving kids clothes, Matt and my clothes, household items, etc. to have a garage sale. Due to our slightly busy schedules and Matt having weddings each Saturday I'm finding it hard to get a date on the calendar to have a sale. Therefore...the items have been piling up! I do enjoy donating clothing items but am also realistic to know that selling items is helpful for our pocket book as our kids continue to outgrow clothes and need new clothes.

This past week, I found a little saving grace to get rid of some of our kids items in a way that I could also replenish some of the funds to buy winter clothing items for the kids. I became a consignor for the Munchkin Markets! It is seasonal kids consignment event where you can register to sell items. It is so easy...I signed in, entered my items and the prices I wanted for them, printed my tags, and delivered the items to be sold! You can enter to discount your items on the last day and if you don't want to pick them up again, you can donate them at the end of the weekend. The bonus is that you make 70% of your sales or even 80% if you volunteer to work at the sale! Also, as a consignor you can shop the pre-sale.

I consigned at the State Fair grounds this past weekend and one entire building was full of toys, books, coats, boots/shoes, baby items, and tons of kids clothes. I was able to pick up some new fall/winter items for our kids and had a blast just looking at all the items.

There is another consignment sale this week called Just Between Friends in Edina. Not sure if I'll get to this sale but at any rate would highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment